How about this inbox burner of an email?! The Vanilla Workshop fired this one over introducing their new Speedvagen OG Classic!
Can a “classic” steel bike be fast, lightweight and hand built in the modern era?
We challenged ourselves to build a timeless bike with the feel and flavor of a top-end vintage race bike, but with all the benefits of Speedvagen technology and modern components.
Meet the OG Classic, a minimalist-vintage-inspired-all-day road machine. Spec'd in a purely classic, trend-bucking, modern polished silver build kit - every part was considered to the fullest extent, featuring many custom US and Italian made parts from companies that we love to work with.
Hand made at The Vanilla Workshop, available only for a limited time. We’re not here to make a gagillion bikes. We’re here to make a few, very labor intensive bikes that will be truly meaningful for their owners.
• Campagnolo Potenza groupset
• ENVE Carbon 2.0 road fork
• Industry Nine i25SL wheel set, 1450g of direct power to forward motion.
• Extremely limited edition all white Fabric Carbon ALM
• Sim-Works Wonderer bars with Fabric Silicone tape
• Ritchey seatpost head & PRO PLT stem, both painted to match
• Paul custom high polished QR Skewers
• Chris King headset
• Kogel ceramic derailleur pulleys.
• Stainless steel King Cages.
• 700x28c Clement Strada LGG Gunwale Clinchers
• Plus, all of the features of our standard Speedvagen Road frame including Berzerker dropouts, integrated seatmast, superlight steel and strategically placed stainless reinforcements.
Order window is open for 3 weeks only. (June 1 - June 23rd)
Price - $6495.00
Sizes - 5 standard sizes 50-58
Paint - Matte or Gloss Slate Blue
Deposit - $500 locks you in
About The Vanilla Workshop
The Vanilla Workshop is a community; A collaboration between master designers, fabricators, frame builders, and painters all working to build the best bicycle you will ever own. The Vanilla Workshop is located at 1735 SE Powell Blvd. Portland Oregon.